Larry Bell Interview
An amazing piece of history has returned home. The Bell P-39, the Miss Lend Lease,was built in the Bell Aircraft factory in Wheatfield, New York, in 1942. She was transferred to Russia as part of the Lend Lease Program. She saw action over Russia being credited with several combat kills. In 1944 she ditched in a lake in Russia above the Arctic Circle. In 2009 she was discovered and raised from the lake. The Ira G. Ross/Niagara Aerospace Museum acquired the aircraft. She was then transported back to the Museum’s warehouse, which is the same Bell factory in which she was built.